Sunday, November 14, 2010

First Postcards

I've been running over plans for this blog for a few weeks now, organizing my thoughts and writing entries in my mind. I've got a lot coming... in theory. However, since I am starting to send the postcards for the Art Therapy Without Borders Postcard Exchange and added this new blog address right on the front of the cards I better get this blog started.

So without further ado, postcard one for ATWB...



Postcard two is for a classmate from my supervision group last year who happens to be on my postcard exchange list. I have a list of people from all over the world: France, Japan, Australia and one of my favorite grad students from my own school! Mazel tov!



These guys are assembled from my scanned artwork as gel medium transfers on watercolor paper (thanks Maddie) scrapbook paper and stamps glued and machine stitched together.

For more info. on transfers go here http://www.calsk8.com/zeitgeist/acrylicgeltransfers.htm.
For more on the postcard exchange go here http://www.atwb.org/Postcard-Exchange.html.

On a side note I got a mood ring from the biofeedback presentation I went to at the AATA conference in Sacramento which I coincidentally wore as I made these. It was all black before I started, because I was freezing as usual and it was gold when I finished. Also, I felt warm, happy and full of Csíkszentmihályi flow by the time I had to put the supplies away. Evidence that art is good stuff.

1 comment:

  1. I absolutely love your postcards!!! So creative! I'm just in my first semester for Art Therapy! I am now following your blog yay! Follow mine at http://rachelnova.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete