Sunday, February 20, 2011

Paper Charm Experiment Numero Uno

I would have liked to post a complete tested and approved project for my weekend thus far, but those darn responsibilities, readings and paper writings are really putting a cramp in my art-making lately.

I'll get into the details of what led to this and how I imagine it could be used once I have figured it out myself. In the meantime, here's my experiment of the day: the paper charm.

The supplies are: mounting board (and cutting tools), tiny image, eyelets (and supplies for inserting eyelets), rings, glue and outdoor enamel.


Here's what I did...

I started with a 1/2 inch photo and cut a 3/4 inch square of black mounting board. I glued the photo on the board. Since this was a test, the photo was a little printout from home. If this were not a test, I would get a real photo so it would hold up better when coated in enamel (ink bleeds when wet).


I punched a hole in one corner and coated the whole thing front and back in enamel. If I was being serious, I would have coated it in 3-5 coats of enamel, following the recommended drying time on the bottle, so it would be more waterproof. I inserted the eyelet and put the ring in the eyelet.

Viola!


Test complete and it was successful enough to work on what's really on my mind.

To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment