Thursday, January 20, 2011

Kermit Vanderlederhosen

This is what I have been up to the last couple of days.
.................................................

Kermit Vanderlederhosen
Socks, 2011

Kermit Vanderlederhosen is the sole survivor of the Royal Vanderlederhosens of Lufthansania. He is also a shifty-eyed cantankerous crapbag, egotistical and grouchy to his fluffy core. Although 127 years old, he can still throw a mean tantrum, which includes javelin chucking, operatic screeching and nostril biting. He is not a dude to cross, or even mildly annoy. It is best advised to hide when in his presence or, if cornered, just do what he says. His typical demands include groveling, macaroni and cheese making and bathroom tile scrubbing. 


Psychologists hypothesize that Kermit's poor attitude is likely a defense mechanism developed as a young Lufthansanian heir who was regularly bullied due to his youthful feminine appearance and flower birthmark on his right buttock. This has resulted in Kermit's need to maintain facial hair and never remove his single navy and leaf striped, jack-russell-hair, fighting legwarmer, a symbol of perpetrating rageful butt-kickings in Lufthansania.

................................................. 

Kermit is actually a three-dimensional "sketch" since I am trying to come up with ideas for the fiction part of the Fiction Project. I thought it might be more stimulating to just make something familiar and see what ideas it might come up. It seems I enjoy "dialoguing with my art" when my art has a sense of humor. I have a couple more characters in mind. Hopefully they can make it easy on me and come up with their own story, so I don't have to think too hard.

I'm feeling rather Dr. Seussish after this.

No comments:

Post a Comment